What you will be doing?
Based on direct feedback from past and current Co-ops, we’ve developed a dynamic Co-op program that balances three main areas of focus:
- Opportunity to work on Agile product/project teams providing application integration (API) services to various business units within Canada Life.
- Opportunity to research new or leading-edge technologies and present your findings to an audience of peers and leaders
- Opportunity to brainstorm, pitch, deliver proof of concept(s) on new or leading-edge technologies to solve a business problem
Our goal is to help each Co-op excel in their career, while also delivering our team’s work, and fostering a culture of experimentation and innovation.
With this portfolio of work, there is never a slow period, and there is a team of support and knowledge you will work with every day.
What technologies will you be using?
The technologies & methodologies you will be exposed to include, but are not limited to:
- Java technology platform, including the Camel integration framework
- Apigee gateway
- Salesforce integration
- Splunk for logging, proactive monitoring
- The Atlassian suite of tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket) – task management and continuous integration
- Docker containerization
- DBMS platforms
- ETL tools
What do you bring to the table?
- You are in the process of completing relevant post secondary education within an Information Technology discipline
- You are a team player, and have solid teamwork & collaboration skills
- You have strong analysis and problem solving skills
- You are self-motivated to learn new technologies and applications
- You have the ability to manage and report on the status of individual tasks
- You are versatile and can adapt to any role on an Agile team
- You have a natural curiosity with new technology and a desire to experiment & innovate
- You can communicate effectively using both oral and written communications, and can clearly present your ideas to an audience
- You have experience working in a formally organized group or team (considered an asset)
- You have relevant work, school, and/or volunteering experience (considered an asset)
Did you know?
- The Integration teams promote a culture of innovation and continuous improvement, using Agile practices and a DevOps approach.
Canada Life is a leading insurance, wealth management and benefits provider focused on improving the financial, physical and mental well-being of Canadians. For more than 170 years, individuals, families and business owners across Canada have trusted us to provide sound guidance and deliver on the promises we’ve made.
As of January 1, 2020, Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life became one company – Canada Life, and today, we proudly serve more than 13 million customer relationships from coast to coast to coast.
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Canada Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness in our head office facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Canada Life serves the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Canada Life would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted